You will be part of a team that supports our Offline Editorial and Screening facilities at our studios in Burbank and Hollywood. You will provide expertise and support for our productions and creative artists, ensuring our in-house facilities and specialty rooms are fully optimized and meet the creative demands of our filmmakers. You will collaborate with key technology teams across the Studio to provide our filmmakers with a high level of support and align with our technical vision. You will need to perform well under pressure and have exceptional client service skills. You are a quick learner and can pivot quickly when the need arises. You are self-motivated and require little to no supervision. You can work independently or be equally effective in a group.
- Establish and communicate technology strategies that support the growth of the studio.
- Direct research on leading-edge technologies and make recommendations on equipment purchases.
- Maintain close relationships with software and hardware vendors.
- Provide workflows and support for collaboration tools such as Evercast and Clearview Flex.
- Provide escalation support for Screening, Story, and Approval rooms.
- Conduct training sessions with technical peers on the deployment of new technologies.
- Oversee all aspects of the company’s technology requirements, including operational support, infrastructure maintenance, and post-production workflows.
- Help develop tools to automate workflow tasks within the studio.
- Work closely with Artists and Editors in Animation and Live Action.
- Implement and maintain Audio and Video calibration standards throughout the facility.
- Supervise preventative maintenance and or troubleshooting of studio equipment.
- Create processes for maintaining, tracking, and repairing all equipment within the studio.
- Partner with production leadership to ensure that technology solutions and services support creative content creation and efficiency goals.
- Partner closely with internal engineering teams, providing concise reporting of issues and Production context to ensure the creative and technical needs of the studios are met.
- Escalate issues to Management, Engineering Services, and Infrastructure teams when necessary.
- Document quality standards, system anomalies, operational procedures, reference materials, and project work in company tools.
- Provide escalation support for local and remote Editorial teams.
- High proficiency with the following software applications:
- Color Science background is a plus.
- Avid Media Composer
- You have a working knowledge of Animation pipelines, systems, and tools.
- Experience with post-production systems integration.
- Deep understanding of IP networking, Network storage, and Workstation architectures.
- Experience with Crestron and Q-Sys control systems is a plus.
- Experience with Virtual Machine configuration.
- Extensive knowledge of content creation and post-production workflows
- Avid Nexis
- Knowledge and experience on Windows, Mac, and Linux operating systems.
- Experience with VLAN configuration.
- Adobe Premiere Pro
- Knowledge and experience with IP protocols and standards such as SMPTE 2110, AES67, and Dante.
- Knowledge and experience with Digital Cinema technology including Playback Servers, D-cinema Projectors, and Audio Processors.
- Proven track record of innovation, initiative, creativity, and implementation.
- 10+ years of experience in facility engineering and/or technology roles within Animation, Post Production, or VFX Studios.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Los Angeles, CA, US
Application Deadline: N/A