Website Tesco PLC
Senior Java Developers are the creative minds developing the software applications that make life easier for customers. Responsible for the entire development and support process for a software programme, your applications make previously complex tasks simple with the impact ranging from saving time, effort, or money to re-defining normal .The tech stack: mainly Java (Spring), although we also use other languages such as Python, Groovy, node.JS, & Kotlin, Azure Cloud, and a mixture of SQL/NoSQL DBs (e.g. Postgres, Couchbase, Cassandra). We’re also using tools like Akka, Kubernetes & Jenkins and are firm believers in TDD and a ‘you build it, you support it’ DevOps approach.
- Identify patterns in code and refactor the code towards them where it increases understanding and/or maintainability with minimal guidance.
- Support production systems, resolve incidents and perform root cause analysis.
- Debug/find complex problems and support/maintain the software solution.
- Share knowledge with the wider engineering community.
- Mentor and develop those around you.
- Produce proof of concepts to evaluate new tools.
- Write maintainable code and observe basic hygiene practices.
- Demonstrate the importance of domain model and coherently model a problem domain within a given context .
- Implement relevant project instrumentation.
- Follow the best practices of continuous BDD/TDD/Performance/Security/Smoke testing.
- Work effectively with product stakeholders to communicate and translate their needs into improvements in the product.
- Lead group discussions on the design of particular areas and understand the domain well enough to work with Product Managers to drive value .
- Translate requirements into tasks & code.
- Develop high-quality code that can lead to rapid delivery., ruthlessly pursuing continuous integration and delivery.
- Commit code early and often, demonstrating an understanding of version control & branching strategies.
- Automate everything by default.
- Write secure code by default.
- Around 5+ years of experience as a developing with Java.
- Experience working with multiple software development methodologies including Scrum, Kanban, and Waterfall .
- Experience with eCommerce and search systems would be nice to have, but not necessary.
- Experience with reactive programming is considered a plus.
- Experience with Java 7+ .
- Experience using Spring .
- Experience scaling systems .
Company: Tesco PLC
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Glasgow, Scotland, UK
Application Deadline: N/A