Website WinCo Foods
Assist customers by providing over-the-counter service and customer service throughout the deli department. Operates and maintains the deli production areas, frying foods, operating the rotisserie oven, etc. Receives inventory, verifies receipt of ordered product and stocks in designated areas. Consistently provides friendly, courteous customer service to internal and external customers. Performs other related work.
- Prepares rotisserie products by marinating, seasoning, skewering, loading / unloading the product from the oven, packing or delivering to the correct location, disposing waste oils, etc.
- Fries food by getting the product from refrigerator or freezer, unpacking product, breading selected products, dropping product in shortening, setting timers ,stirring, draining, packing products in the reach-in-case, placing trays in the closed hot case, etc.
- Maintains clean and sanitary department by washing parts, tables and wrapping stations; taking trash and paper to the appropriate balers; cleans floors and coolers; cleaning and maintaining glass display counters on the inside and out; etc.
- Seeks opportunities to welcome, engage, serve and thank customers. Maintains an atmosphere of friendly, enthusiastic customer service with an emphasis of taking care of the customer.
- Takes orders, answers questions and performs suggestive selling.
- Writes production list after looking at product amounts still on shelf.
- Handles frozen product.
- Prepares case by putting the product in fresh pans, rotating product, putting product back, filling, etc.
- Writes out and prepares deli tray and special orders.
- Displays items by bringing out case goods from the freezer, cooler, repacking & over wrapping, weighing / pricing product out, and placing in the desired location.
- Stocks, straightens and rotates the deli full serve cases and hot food cases as well as the deli freezer sections, self-serve, dry goods, “cheese island” and bread shelve display areas.
- Cleans and maintains department equipment such as fryers, slicers, etc. by breaking down and reassembling equipment, operating dish washer and hand washing dishes, cleaning all appropriate parts with sanitizing solution.
- Prepares sandwiches, salads, etc. reading recipes, following instructions, mixing, washing, assembling, packaging product in containers, etc.
- Perform duties with mental alertness involving potential hazards with respect to related procedures, equipment (e.g., knives) and work aides.
- Complete training course and meet minimum time standards of productivity and accuracy.
- Effectively manage time to ensure that deadlines are met.
- Consistently provide friendly, courteous service to internal and external customers.
- Stand, walk and move rapidly for extended periods of time.
- Communicate (hearing & speech) effectively with customers to receive orders and perform customer relation skills.
- Lift up to 50 lbs. occasionally and reach, push and pull racks.
- Work varied hours primarily between the hours of 500 am to 1000 pm in a 24/7 operation; including night, weekends and holidays.
- Operate kitchen utensils and equipment with manual dexterity, speed, accuracy and hand/eye coordination.
- Wear hair net, beard net and gloves and other personal protective equipment as required.
- Prioritize and perform a variety of simultaneous tasks (multi-tasking).
- Perform basic math (add, subtract, divide and multiply) and compute weights and measures.
- Work in a team-oriented, collaborative environment with a strong customer service orientation.
- Conduct visual inspections, read and follow production guides, recipes and product labels, log production quantities, temperature readings, etc. on proper forms.
- Use cleaning chemicals and handle related food products.
- Bend, stoop, twist, turn and reach over the counter and in tight areas frequently.
Company: WinCo Foods
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Salem, OR, US
Application Deadline: N/A