Website Valero Energy
Contributes, develops, and executes PR & Media Relations strategies for San Antonio and in the field in order to shape, protect, and promote public advocacy of Valero’s business, mission, and values through external communications and activities.
- Assists local civic and strategic community investment team with PR needs and serves as in-house resource for civic/ethics compliance.
- Identifies, evaluates, prepares, and pitches story ideas for San Antonio and field markets to help enhance company presence through traditional and digital media channels.
- Ensures all PR & Media communications is consistent with strategic messaging.
- Tracks media inquiries, responses, monitors, and analyzes media coverage.
- Engages in PR & Media activities that support San Antonio and field markets during ongoing project construction, permitting, and/or other related activities impacting operations and Valero’s reputation/image.
- Collaborates with and serves as PR & Media support for Valero’s sponsorships, including Valero Alamo Bowl, Valero Texas Open/ Benefit for Children, and San Antonio Spurs.
- Serves as a media liaison by building relationships, monitoring Valero and peer news coverage, fielding media inquiries, drafting statements, and responding in coordination with PR & Media Relations.
- Writes, edits, and proofreads a wide variety of communication materials including newsletters, emails, sustainability and shareholder reports, internal stories, social media posts, website updates, memos, project briefs, media summaries, case studies, advertisements, department reports, educational materials, scripts, draft press releases (not for wire), etc.
- Assists in measuring and analyzing content performance on internal/external digital communication platforms.
- Provides support to PR & Media Relations during times of emergencies or high-profile issues in San Antonio or in the field.
- Serves as in-house contact for civic complete
- Contributes to other projects and global departmental efforts as assigned.
- Must be available to work a flexible schedule, including nights and weekends, when required.
- Media training or on-camera interview experience, or willingness to be media trained preferred.
Qualification & Experience:
- Bachelor’s or higher degree in business, communications, public relations, or similar field required.
- 5 years experience in public relations, government affairs, media relations, journalism, communications, or digital communications required.
- Must be able and willing to travel up to 25% to various field locations required.
Company: Valero Energy
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: San Antonio, TX, US
Application Deadline: N/A