Website Urban Outfitters
The Staff Accountant will support store and ecommerce channels of the Urban Outfitters Brand in all financial and accounting aspects that directly affects the operational results.
- Prepare and maintain balance sheet account reconciliations
- Work with brand finance team/division related projects
- Assist in the generation, preparation and review of monthly financial statements/packages, as well as various internal and external reporting documents
- Record, reconcile and analyze monthly activity in various balance sheet and income statement accounts (including ad hoc analyses)
- Ensure compliance with Sarbanes-Oxley financial reporting requirements with respect to monthly duties
- Support all other aspects of the monthly and quarterly financial close process.
- Prepare and maintain expense trackers for operational departments.
- Assist and prepare the annual operational budgets of assigned expense item responsibilities as needed
- Consistently recommend and implement improvements to current methodologies and practices.
- Provide ongoing accounting/finance support to brand partners as liaison between brand and corporate shared service teams
- Review management and operating reports to identify trends and develop benchmarking metrics
- Analyze actual results, investigate and explain variance explanations vs budget & previous year
- Highly detail oriented with strong organizational skills
- Strong sense of accountability and ownership, proactive problem-solving skills.
- Well-developed problem-solving capabilities.
- Ability to comprehend and analyze financial statements, financial journals, reports, reconciliations, and other related documents
- Capable of managing multiple deliverables and ability to seamlessly transition among team
- Bachelor of Science degree in Accounting or related field
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Minimum 1-2 years of accounting experience; Retail experience a plus
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with peer group, brand personnel and executive level management
- Highly proficient in MS Excel and ability to learn accounting software packages; Knowledge of Oracle and/or Hyperion a strong plus
Company: Urban Outfitters
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Philadelphia, PA, US
Application Deadline: N/A