Uber’s Core Security Engineering organization creates security infrastructure at scale for Uber employees, external applications, and internal services. The team manages critical services for authentication, access management and authorization. The role is multi-dimensional, requiring interactions across organizational boundaries and balancing multiple projects spanning identity for human and workload actors, personnel and service authorization across existing employees, future acquisitions and partner organizations.
- Mentor junior team members
- Write code, test and maintain production services for high availability, reliability and performance
- Collaborate and consult with multiple engineering teams and other functional stakeholders from Legal, Privacy, Security, Compliance, Risk and
- IT for integration into our platform
- Ensure that identified security issues are prioritized and addressed in an appropriate time frame.
- Design end-to-end features and systems to secure infrastructure services and web applications
- 3+ years of software engineering experience
- You are a fast and passionate learner and are always ready to ask thoughtful questions to ensure you are solving the right problems.
- Experience building highly scalable, robust, and fault-tolerant products and platforms
- Experience design and implement large scale service with excellent quality
- Demonstrated experience collaborating with other engineers and non-tech stakeholders, both to meet short term goals and to create long-term partnerships
- Excellent documentation, communication and collaboration skills
- Experience in API design, and familiarity with REST and gRPC
- Experience in software development using any of Go/Java/C++
- An engineering-focused undergraduate degree or equivalent industry experience
- Familiarity in any of Security, Privacy, Cryptography, Authentication, Authorization, Risk
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
Application Deadline: N/A