You will be responsible for supporting Audit’s Core Analytics & Sciences program in performing analyses to support audit work and understanding Uber’s technology stack. The ideal candidate will be a self-learner who strikes a balance between independently researching new topics and asking for help at the right time. They will be a problem solver who demonstrates critical thinking and creativity. They will have positive relationship and interpersonal skills and be able to work with a diverse group of collaborators.
- Test for completeness and accuracy of datasets
- Summarize and present findings of an analysis using an appropriate means of communication, be it an email, report, or slide deck.
- Implement ad hoc analyses, code reviews, or data extractions requested by the broader Audit team
- Identify domain experts or partners in order to obtain the right data or to understand it. Prepare questions for meetings with such experts or stakeholders and prepare questions.
- Data cleaning, extraction, transformation, and load
- Write SQL queries from scratch for data analysis
- Review or modify SQL (or HiveQL, Oracle, etc.) queries
- Build data visualizations
- Read Uber’s codebases and configs to identify data sources relevant to audits
- Learn and research data sources within Uber, across various business units and systems
- Technology and/or media specific industry experience, a plus.
- Able to read and understand at least one statically typed programming language (ex. Java)
- Demonstrated ability with minimum 4yrs in data analysis
- Familiarity with Oracle, Hive, Presto
- Bachelor’s degree in economics, computer science, statistics, or similar
- SQL writing proficiency; experience using R or Python for analytics
- Critical thinking
- Ability to complete assignments on time
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Hyderabad, Telangana, India
Application Deadline: N/A