The Compliance, Policing and Operations and Security (CPOS) Directorate delivers integrated pan-TfL enforcement, compliance, policing, security and community safety functions in support of our transport priorities. We provide uniformed services across TfL, be it one of our circa 2,500 police officers or our own uniformed officers, we lead on workplace violence and aggression ensuring a pan modal approach to ensure our network is safe, and to support and look after our people who work in some of the most challenging environments.
- Attending court to provide evidence (when required and training provided).
- Identifying potential compliance and enforcement issues and submitting relevant intelligence reports
- Carrying out enforcement and compliance activity across specified modes of transport, i.e. London Buses, London Underground, Trams, Ferry
- Services and Taxi & Private Hire Routine patrol of the TfL Network and responding to incidents under the guidance and direction of the CPOS Resource & Deployment Centre
- Reporting safety concerns and breaches, ensuring positive action is taken to reduce and mitigate risks
- Providing high levels of customer service to members of the public and the users of TfL services
- Responsible use of delegated authority activities, such as Community Safety Accreditation Scheme (CSAS) Railway Safety Accreditation Scheme (RCAS) and by-law enforcement
- Competent in the use of mobile devices and computers.
- Good communication skills – verbal and written across all levels
- Resilience with the ability to remain positive in difficult situations
- Ability to use initiative and sound judgment, make informed decisions or recommendations and work under pressure
- Willingness and desire to develop new skills and knowledge
- Ability to build effective working relationships at all levels internally and externally
- Ability to defuse potentially difficult situations
- Working in an operational environment, preferably in on-network enforcement and compliance roles is desirable but not essential.
- Experience of working in roles and dealing with difficult situations is desirable, for example police officers, PCSO’s, Prison Officers, Security etc. although this is not essential.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: London, England, United Kingdom
Application Deadline: N/A