Website Standard Bank
To provide a basic, branch-based Business Banking sales and service function to a portfolio of Small Enterprise (SE) customers requiring uncomplicated and standardised financial product solutions.
- Identifies and actions opportunities for cross- and up-sell.
- Actions lead lists provided from direct marketing.
- Identifies migration opportunities and sells products/services reactively.
- Promotes and sells a range of appropriate Standard Bank of South Africa (SBSA) product offerings and solutions that meet the financial needs of small business customers.
- Forges business partnerships with Business Banking stakeholders in the province to leverage the interplay between Personal Bankings and Business Banking for optimal growth and retention.
- Acquires and opens new business accounts and cross sells at account origination according to customer needs.
- Ensures that all leads are logged correctly in the presence of the customer and ensures cross selling opportunities are identified.
- Identifies and refers sales leads to Business stakeholders e.g. Vehicle and Asset Finance; Electronic Banking (Business Online); SBFC; SBIB; Card; Home Loans; etc.
- Cross-sells additional products and services to existing customers.
- Understanding and support of the bank’s multi-channel environment
- A basic knowledge and understanding of the Companies and Intellectual Properties Registration Act (CIPC) for correct documentation/ mandate preparation purposes.
- Good numerical skills, business acumen and financial acumen to interpret financial statements, balance sheets and basic financial ratios
- Previous experience within the Personal/Consumer banking environment as a Customer Consultant/Personal Banker and/or Enquiries Officer is preferable.
- In this position an individual is not an accredited representative in terms of FAIS and is therefore prohibited from giving any advice or intermediary service to a customer in terms of a financial product, as determined by FAIS.
- Knowledge of the Financial Advisory and Intermediary Services Act (FAIS), the Financial Intelligence Centre Act (FICA) and the National Credit Act (NCA).
- Studying towards a Relevant business related tertiary qualification e.g. B.Comm degree is a pre-requisite
- A thorough knowledge of standardised business banking transactional products and other core products relevant to small enterprises.
- Ensure that customers provide/have provided documentation as required in terms of FICA/KYC legislation.
- In terms of the Financial Advisory and Intermediary Services Act No 37 of 2002, (FAIS) no staff member is permitted to provide any financial advice or intermediary
- services to a customer, in terms of a financial product, as defined in the Act, unless they have been appointed as a representative of an authorised Financial Services provider.
- In a non-Representative position a staff member may sell financial products based on factual information, by describing the product features and benefits and at no time make a suggestion, recommendation, guidance or proposal to the customer that will lead the customer to buy a financial product as defined in FAIS.
- A working knowledge of Managing Regional (MLM) sales principles and practices to manage and optimise portfolio retention and growth.
- A working knowledge of multiple legal entities (companies, close corporations, sole proprietorships etc.) in the Small Enterprises segment and the legislative restrictions & requirements governing these from a financial services perspective.
- 2 to 3 years Business Assistant experience to the Business Manager is ideal
- A good working knowledge and understanding of behavioural credit scoring principles and practices, including an understanding of collateral and balance sheets.
- Good knowledge of Personal Banking product offerings.
- A basic knowledge/awareness of financial investment options, home loans (business mortgage), cards, merchant services, vehicle and asset finance and electronic banking options for lead generation purposes.
Company: Standard Bank
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Hartswater, Northern Cape, South Africa
Application Deadline: N/A