Performs a wide range of semi-skilled and skilled work, independently or as a member of a crew related to operating and maintaining all aspects of the transmission and underground storage system.
- Maintains facility pressures and volumes as required by Gas Control and local operating strategy.
- Inspects work of other employees and contractors to ensure that assignments are completed properly and safely.
- Starts, stops, and adjusts: Gas turbines, compressors, electric motors, steam turbines, generators, steam boilers, pumps, valves, and related equipment.
- Troubleshoots and during emergencies, makes minor repairs to station and storage field equipment.
- Operates and directs others to operate facilities to achieve and maintain optimum efficiency.
- Provides general feedback to supervision as required.
- Trains, instructs, and guides crew members in all aspects of their job duties.
- May operate gas compression and process facilities unsupervised.
- Schedules work assignments to ensure that workforce, equipment, and materials are available to accomplish assigned work.
- Provides work direction to crew members on a daily basis while operating compressors station and underground storage facilities.
- Understands regulatory compliance related to applicable operating and permit requirements. Understands advanced gas storage and dehydration concepts.
- Must have two years of experience working in Oil and Gas industry such as refineries, Compressor Stations and have strong mechanical attributes.
- Physical Abilities test requires: Level
- Must pass structured panel interview and formal training for the Must pass a pre-qualification examination: Mechanical Test Battery – Station.
- Must pass a pre-employment drug test if a new hire or transferring from a non-safety sensitive
- Requires participation in the Company’s random drug and alcohol testing
- Must have basic computer
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Goleta, CA, US
Application Deadline: N/A