To administer enterprise software applications to ensure a state-of-the-art, stable, accurate, and reliable enterprise computing environment that meets the needs of the organization.
- Install new application software releases and version upgrades.
- Support, monitor, test, and troubleshoot hardware and software problems in support of applications.
- Provide primary support on at least one major enterprise application or SAP Basis administration.
- Provide ad hoc desktop support services for users of the applications.
- Interface with SMUD management via status reports and meetings.
- Configure systems / applications from a technical perspective.
- Identify, evaluate and install application software patches.
- Serves as key person in troubleshooting system problems, taking ownership of problems to resolution.
- Work with support analysts and technical staff to coordinate and schedule system installations, upgrades, and patches.
- Plan, create, and maintain appropriate procedures, documentation, inventory assessments, and other procedures related to administration of software applications, system and network (connectivity) architecture, system and database backup policies, and user management.
- Ensures adherence to Service Level Agreements regarding application availability for applications with a large number of users.
- Work with support analysts and technical staff to identify and resolve system issues such as outages and poor system performance.
- Coordinate and schedule system backups and restorations.
- Interface with the applications’ users and business units when necessary.
- Diagnose and resolve system-related issues.
- Administer application security including administration of application users, as necessary.
- Provide secondary support for the other enterprise applications supported by the administrators group.
- Perform system sizing estimates.
- Interface with software vendors for bug resolution, licensing issues, and system maintenance issues.
- Coordinate and schedule and perform operating system, application, database and client tools patching and maintenance, and support migration of changes. Ensure patches are fully tested in test environments before moving to production systems.
- Proficient Understanding of O/S such as Microsoft 2016 or later, RedHat Linux 7.8 or later.
- Deep understanding of cloud computing technologies (including SaaS, PaaS, and IaaS), business drivers, and emerging computing trends.
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Knowledge and experience with the ability to architect solutions in a hybrid cloud environment between on-prem and cloud providers such as Azure, AWS or others.
- Experience: Journey: Five (5) years of progressively responsible relevant information technology work experience related to the administration of enterprise software applications
- Multiple/Complex IT Systems for troubleshooting and pinpointing exact impact, and issue resolution.
- Knowledge and working experience with Microsoft SQL Server (SQL 2017 & above) and/or Oracle (12c & above) database are desired.
- Acted as an Application Administrator in support of at least one major implementation projects, including architect, installation, configuring, implementing, and supporting the applications.
- Experience in building highly available and scalable solutions and implement Disaster recovery strategy for critical enterprise applications.
- Direct experience of cloud services from Microsoft Azure Cloud Platform or Amazon Web Services Cloud Platform.
- Excellent technical skills and experience in the areas of IT infrastructure components such as server, storage, network, virtualization, operating systems, database systems, data protection, cloud and serverless technologies.
- Professional IT experience in administering and maintaining enterprise level applications such as G/Technology GIS, ESRI ArcGIS, Documentum, Itron IEE, or
- WebMethods will be an added advantage.
- Demonstrated ability as a subject matter expert in the administration of the following technologies: Microsoft IIS, Apache Tomcat, Java/OpenJDK, SSL/Kerberos.
- Solid understanding of Big Data technologies such as Hadoop, Spark, or similar frameworks.
- Proficiency and knowledge of scripting (SQL, PowerShell, Bash/Shell, or Phyton) is preferred.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Sacramento, CA, US
Application Deadline: N/A