SBV seeks a Solution Architect who will be responsible for Analysing and designing sustainable, scalable solutions for initiatives based on the business requirements. Oversee the development and implementation of the solution architecture that is aligned to the SBV strategy.
- Analyse requirements and design solutions aligned to the business requirement, SBV strategy and IT strategy
- Research and analyse the technology industry and market trends, and determine their potential impacts / benefits on the enterprise
- Verify that governance processes are followed with regards to solution design, approvals and implementation
- Understand, advocate and augment the principles of solution architecture strategies
- Develop a road map of the evolution of the solution from current to future state and submit for approval to the architecture board
- Perform the exhibition of the solution architecture process, its outcome and ongoing results to stakeholders
- Analyse business drivers to determine corresponding solution / change requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, systems analysis
- Knowledge of business process re-engineering principles and processes
- Basic knowledge of financial models and budgeting.
- Understanding of the enterprise’s political climate and how to navigate the political waters
- Architecture Certification: TOGAF
- o5 years’ experience in at least two IT disciplines in a service-oriented architecture (SOA) environment, including infrastructure architecture, application architecture, business architecture, data architecture or IT security architecture. Which also include:
- o2 years iServer experience (advantageous)
- Knowledge of all components of an enterprise technical architecture
- Strong understanding of network architecture and application development methodologies.
- Exposure to multiple, diverse technologies and processing environments (VMware, IBM IIB, Sterling Connect Direct, Microsoft Platforms, Java, C#)
- Strong understanding of SOA, object-oriented analysis and design, and/or client/server systems.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Johannesburg, Gauteng, South Africa
Application Deadline: N/A