Sappi Ngodwana Mill requires a Process Operator to safely and efficiently operate the equipment and ensure optimum production output and quality at the best cost with minimum downtime.
- Ensure correct rope tension, condition and cleanliness.
- Ensure correct dryer screen tensions and guiding – six in total.
- Ensure optimum broke feeding to maintain level according to BOP.
- Operate console and control panels for dryer section, calendar stack and pope reel.
- Test the density and hardness of each reel by sounding and feeling the reel, comparing it to the
- Metso QCS profile and reporting relevant non – conformances to the shift superintendent and winder operator.
- Examine the sheet for dirt, calendar cuts, creases, ridges, rope marks, blotches, stamp marks, formation and wet streaks and communicate the information to the shift superintendent and outside machine-man.
- Produce paper in accordance with MPS requirements with regards to jumbo sizes, deckle and quality requirements.
- Coordinate changes in basis weight, trim and speed changes with a process controller and winder operator.
- Perform pre–start inspection of dryer screens, ropes and separators according to best-operating practices.
- Minimize Heel slab according to best-operating practices.
- Perform shut tasks as assigned by Shift Superintendent or coordinator.
- Operate dry end repulpers, auxiliaries and fit dryer screens on shuts.
- Control dry end draws and assists on felt and wire changes.
- Check and correct all PV fans and air make-up units on mezzanine floors.
- 1-3 Years machine operating experience
- Grade 12 with Maths and Psychical Science or N3 Pulp & Paper
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Nelspurit
Application Deadline: N/A