This position will work across a number of our key projects, including our social security and decent standard of living work, all of which are aligned to our focus on the reduction of poverty and inequality in South Africa, through the realisation of the transformative socio-economic rights in the Constitution.
- Provide ad hoc assistance to the general work of SPII, as required.
- Engage in networking and the profile raising of SPII by participating in relevant workshops, conferences and stakeholder meetings.
- Engage in media and publicity work for SPII, as required.
- Compile and update on a monthly basis a full list of new social media followers on Facebook and Twitter etc.
- Responsible for updating approved content and publications on SPII’s social media platforms as required/needed by SPII’s teams.
- Work closely with the SPII teams to support and promote SPII’s work on social media platforms in a collaborative effort to raise SPII’s visibility on social media platforms.
- Monitor and evaluate website statistics, and respond to social media trends observed in a proactive manner by implementing strategies & mini-campaigns for SPII.
- Monitor SPII’s media (and social) visibility including social media platforms, content and publications.
- Promote SPII’s programmes, projects and stakeholder engagements on social media.
- Support other communications related activities when required.
- Compile and update reports on a regular basis based on social media observations to assist management on decision making.
- Knowledge and experience in social media strategy design.
- Minimum 1years’ experience in Social media administration and community management (platforms Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and YouTube)
- Commitment to the values of SPII and a passion for social justice.
- Honours degree in Fine Arts, Communications, Media and Journalism or a related field. Masters’ degree is an advantage.
- Must have a strong understanding of brand consistency.
- Experience in Graphic design and Web administration (WordPress)
- Experience or Knowledge in AV production skills for social media and design skills for social media.
- Knowledge and experience in Email design (MailChimp).
- Must be willing and able to consistently produce highly professional yet creative designs for SPII projects and social media- not merely generic designs that are not a reflection of our brand.
- Needs to be able to solve relevant tech/ social media related issues
Vacancy Type: Internship
Job Location: Johannesburg
Application Deadline: N/A