Exemplifies strong customer service in every aspect of the job. Directs and controls the operation of the Grocery Department, including supervising and training personnel to achieve departmental and store sales and profit objectives. Provides feedback and recommendations on operational issues and personnel decisions to Store Director and Division Management.
- Champions corporate and division customer service programs to meet or exceed division customer service goals. Instills a culture of excellent customer service in the department and throughout the store.
- Implements Company and Division operating and merchandising policies and practices. Controls merchandise shrink. Supervises and participates in store inventory counts. Establishes Grocery Department operating procedures as required for implementation of Company policies, Division directives and Store Director instructions. Implements emergency procedures in the event of equipment and computer software malfunctions or failure.
- Orders grocery product and maintains inventory levels according to Division directives.
- Supervises the processing of all reclamation. Maintains orderly and in stock conditions in back room, sales floor and all grocery department areas.
- Responsible for total store operations and directing associates throughout the store, as well as department managers, in the absence of or as needed by the Store Director (see Store Director job description).
- Primary duty is management of the Grocery Department. In that regard, plans, organizes and directs day-to-day operations of the Grocery department, including dairy and frozen food sections. Conducts daily inspections of all Grocery sections and initiates corrective measures to ensure compliance with product quality and product rotation standards. Maintains in stock conditions, and ensures compliance with code date standards; cleanliness, sanitation and safety standards; and security requirements. Controls pricing by following established division pricing guidelines, and ensuring compliance with the coupon and discount policies.
- Monitors associate performance and effectively recommends personnel action such as hiring, firing, layoff, promotion, demotion, and disciplinary action. Builds and maintains associate morale. Resolves associate complaints where appropriate and reports action taken to the Store Director.
- Maintains confidentiality concerning associates, store sales, and Company information.
- Maintains accurate department records.
- Responsible for performing all job duties with honesty and integrity and in compliance with Company policies and procedures.
- Attends required training and sales meetings.
- Immediately reports any potential serious policy violations, for matters including but not limited to working off the clock, harassment, food safety and sanitation, discrimination, etc., to the Store Director and assists in appropriate handling.
- Identifies and trains associates with high potential for advancement opportunities.
- Understands the store and Grocery Department Profit and Loss statement, and plans department promotions accordingly. Frequently communicates sales goals, department performance and sales opportunities to department associates to ensure positive results.
- Answers and responds to incoming telephone calls appropriately. Receives and appropriately resolves customer complaints and reports to the Store Director as appropriate.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Corvallis, OR, US
Application Deadline: N/A