Website Royal Mail
As a Work Area Manager, you will work in a busy mail centre and be responsible for managing operations in a specified area.
- Leading a dedicated team of full and part time employees, you’ll hold regular one to one and team meetings and review the area’s performance and plans on a daily basis. Championing health and safety initiatives, increasing efficiency, and identifying areas of improvements are essential to your role.
- Supporting the Shift Manager, you will provide a high quality of service to our customers and ensure all operational targets are met. With line management responsibility you’ll manage your team’s sick absence, attendance, training and development and you’ll get involved in our programme of continuous improvement.
- Achievement Focus: Ensures ‘best day every day’ by implementing standards of excellence, asks questions of others, shares learning, provides guidance. Builds confident teams using a coaching style and ensures others are held accountable. Uses resources to ensure delivery. Keeps promises. Is trusted by teams and colleagues.
- Improvement Focus: Implements transformation, reduces costs and ensures value for money, embraces innovative work practices, makes rational and informed decisions, identifies improvements to ways of working across areas of the business, implements new processes and services to meet changing customer needs.
- Customer Centric Focus: Implements a customer-first culture, introduces ways to improve the customer experience, puts the customer at the heart of decision making, monitors goals for customer service, promotes investment and change which improves the end to end customer experience.
- People Focus: Understands the value of diversity & inclusion, uses delegation, coaching, empowerment and feedback, identifies and developing talent, collaborates, takes time to know and understand others needs and perspectives, ensures a supportive environment where achievements are recognised.
- Leadership Focus: Ensures the basics are right, takes a ‘one company’ approach, creates positive energy, implements strategy, takes account of relevant issues. Uses platforms to recognise superstars, appeals to both the heart and the brain when communicating.
- Resilience Focus: Is approachable, provides re-assurance to others, agile in adapting to new challenges, communicates regularly and informally, deals with ambiguity, is positive and realistic even under pressure.
Company: Royal Mail
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Wolverhampton, England, UK
Application Deadline: N/A