Website Royal Mail
Royal Mail has an exciting opportunity to join the Deployment and Integration Team as an Engineering Technical Manager. You will be responsible for technical contracts and project management aspects of major automation programmes, initially focusing on two major new parcel hubs based in the Midlands and North West.
- Reporting directly in to the Engineering Project Manager Lead, you will be responsible for developing the main contractual components of automation supply contracts, providing technical oversight of the tender process and providing technical supplier management to deliver projects to agreed timescales. Initially this will be working on our two new parcel hubs, but the role will require flexibility to work on other projects.
- You will work with internal and external project teams to plan and report on contract progress, providing weekly updates to senior Royal Mail Managers and ensuring areas of concern are highlighted early in order to create least impact on the contract progress.
- Excellent project management and planning skills, with regular use of Microsoft Project
- Strong communication skills with previous experience of communicating and building relationships with a range of stakeholders, both internal and external. Will need to deliver important information to a wide range of audiences with varying degrees of understanding
- Able to conduct detailed data analysis, apply systematic problem-solving techniques and effectively prioritise available resources.
Qualification & Experience:
- Recognised Qualification in an Engineering, Technical or Scientific Discipline (Level 6 or 7 e.g. BSc, MEng) or equivalent
- Recognised Accreditation from an Institution or Professional Counselling Body (Incorporated or Chartered Level)
- Recognised Qualification in Health & Safety Management (IOSH)
- Good knowledge of cost versus risk and change management theories to develop and deliver strategies and business models
- Excellent knowledge of automated processes, equipment & machinery
- Experience of managing the deployment of large-scale automation projects, delivering the project to tight deadlines
- Experience of producing technical contract documents for automation procurement (e.g. SoR, SoW)
Company: Royal Mail
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Leeds, England, UK
Application Deadline: N/A