Website Ross Stores
Supervises activities of regular associates and temporary workers. Assesses production schedules and labor-hour requirements for completion of job assignments. Adheres to company policies and procedures to ensure compliance. Enforces safety regulations. Evaluates and assesses production methods, performances and efficiency for improvements and/or changes. Prepares and administers associate performance evaluations. Determines time and production standards and maintains records. Must have a “can-do”, “make-it-happen” attitude. This is demonstrated by displaying the ability to use perseverance and initiative in order to ensure top performance, quality and service to our stores. Responsible for developing and maintaining an open, engaging labor relations environment which remains issue free.
- Manage hourly team to ensure timely and accurate processing and distribution of merchandise to stores
- By effectively using the MAP (Managing Associate Performance) process, train, assess, motivate, coach, and evaluate associates in all areas of job duties using established methods and standards.
- Partner with the Transactional Talent team for on-boarding, job-posting, inquiries, etc. as needed
- Ensure rapid, accurate movement and processing of merchandise using established engineered methods and standards.
- Organize and prioritize daily work orders and staffing needs to meet production goals.
- Using provided resources and tools, refer or answer non-exempt questions re: payroll, benefits, policy, who to contact
- Support required HRS investigations; engage with necessary parties for initial fact-findings, document findings and escalate to HRS using email template
- Write and administer corrective actions and non-exempt separations.
- Contact HRS regarding any accommodation issues as they arise
- Follow HRS Management Reference Guide for compliance with established processes and company policies
- Ensure associates follow the DC Pay-to-the-Punch guidelines, to include the timely administration of the missed punch process for Payroll
- Responsible for accuracy/quality of work for all assigned regular & temp associates.
Qualification & Experience:
- BS degree or two years supervisory experience in a production or merchandising function (preferred).
- Developed written and verbal communication skills, as well as organization/prioritization skills are necessary.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, ability to work collaboratively across multiple shifts/departments is required.
Company: Ross Stores
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Shafter, CA
Application Deadline: N/A