Website Rite Aid
As a Cashier, you are a vital part of our store team that is responsible for the day to day operations and the care and service provided to our customers/patients. This individual is responsible for provide excellent customer service to people shopping in Rite Aid stores. All duties described in this document are to be performed in keeping with the core values and service attributes consistent with the Rite Aid brand and strategy. The associate is responsible for the functions below, in addition to other duties as assigned: Provide excellent customer service by assisting customers with their shopping needs, answering customer inquiries, and resolving customer complaints. Engage with customers in a friendly and efficient manner while completing customer transactions on the cash register. Maintain the cleanliness and organization of the store. Stock store shelves and end-caps with merchandise when it is delivered to the store. Assist store leadership in ensuring merchandise on the shelves is within date. Ensure the proper identification is produced when selling alcohol, tobacco, and lottery tickets, if applicable. Assist with the operation of the One-hour Photo department, if applicable. Build displays of merchandise and complete new plan-o-grams. Complete inventory counts and order merchandise based on the results. Put up signs that identify items on sale in weekly advertisements and take down this signage when the sale is over.
- Assist with the general maintenance and appearance of the store by ensuring a safe and pleasing environment for both customers and associates; respond to any unexpected emergencies to ensure the protection of company assets.
- Oversee that store inventory is regularly inspected in accordance with the Product Freshness Review Schedule as directed by the Store Manager and/or the Assistant Store Manager.
- Ensure that all outdated product and product with less than 30 days until expiration is removed from the sales floor to be processed through the established returns process.
- Provide superior customer service by assisting customers with their shopping needs, handling all customer transactions in a timely and courteous manner, and responding to customer complaints/concerns with a sense of urgency to see to their resolution.
- Attend to merchandising of plan-o-grams within seasonal departments, end caps, displays and basic inline departments as directed by the Store Manager and/or the Assistant Store Manager.
- Control inventory by performing proper receiving and stocking including accurate cycle counting, processing merchandise transfers according to procedures, and reporting inventory problems to the Store Manager and/or Assistant Store Manager.
- Accountable for store cash and other financial assets, reconciling cash register drawers, preparing deposits, and ordering changes from the bank as directed by the Store Manager and/or the Assistant Store Manager.
- Manage tasks and supervise store associates in those limited
Company: Rite Aid
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Troy, MI, US
Application Deadline: N/A