Website Pacific Gas and Electric Company
In this position, you will be required to obtain an Autodesk Certified User (ACU) certificate or a two-year technical degree in Drafting within the first 12 months of hire (this does not apply to current represented or non-represented employees).
- Makes field sketches and prepares layouts for construction of additions or improvements to electric systems of such a nature that the plans and methods are embodied in existing standards, specifications, rules, and regulations.
- Estimates labor and material costs; obtains joint-pole agreements; initiates right-of-way procedures, licenses, permits, etc., and performs such other work as required to prepare the estimate in final form
- May be required to prepare final sketch or layout and cost estimate of more complex jobs from field notes prepared by an employee in a higher classification.
- May be required to investigate and prepare reports on third-party accidents
- Under general supervision, prepares cost estimates and construction plans of less difficult nature than work performed by a Senior Engineering Estimator
- Where clear business efficiencies can be gained, may also be assigned similar customer contact work within the employee’s line of progression, on small commercial and agricultural jobs, although management retains jurisdiction over such work
- Shall be required to perform customer contact, project coordination, billing, and contract preparation in connection with non-subdivision residential services.
- Non-subdivision residential work is defined as gas and electric work of four or fewer applicants or lots.
- Typical jobs include temporary and permanent services, service alterations, rewires and rule 16 gas/electric extensions.
- Given appropriate training, shall also be required to perform typical jobs in the opposite commodity
- Bachelor of Science Degree (BS)
- Bachelor’s degree in mechanical, civil or related engineering field or any combination of training, education, and work experience
- Possess high school diploma or GED equivalent
- Intermediate Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Outlook)
- Hiring Hall experience in the role
- 1 year of utility operations knowledge and experience
- Must obtain an Autodesk Certified User (ACU) certificate or a two-year technical degree in Drafting within the first 12 months of hire
- Experience with web-based software (Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, etc)
- 2 years of experience with AutoCAD (2009 or later version)
- 1 year of experience using SAP
- Must have a valid Class C California Driver’s License or ability to obtain by first day of employment
Company: Pacific Gas and Electric Company
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Concord, CA, US
Application Deadline: N/A