Website Pacific Gas and Electric Company
This job is the fully qualified Senior Project Manager position that requires mastery of the journey level Project Manager job duties. Under general direction, exercises judgment and discretion and is responsible for all aspects of the development and implementation of assigned projects and provides a single point of contact for those projects.
- Work Oversight Committee
- Develops and champions company-wide best practices.
- Makes presentations to PG&E Officers as appropriate.
- Mentors and provides guidance to less experienced project managers.
- Provides guidance to engineering on producing complex risk and alternative analyses, studies and conceptual designs for presentation to project sponsor.
- Negotiates third party contracts, in support of other departments when appropriate.
- Oversees and administrates EPC contracts in accordance with ESC
- Arbitrates and resolves conflicts within the project.
- Determines that project objectives are achievable.
- 8 years of PG&E (9 years outside) experience in project management, project controls, engineering, and/or construction
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or its equivalent in education and experience
- Knowledge and experience with electric substations, gas and electric distribution and transmission projects
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification
- Fluent in the use of Project Management tools and current company tools, such as SAP Financials and Work Management modules and Microsoft Project Scheduling Software
- Uses independent judgment in selecting and applying Project Management methods and techniques to determine cost-effective and practical solutions
Company: Pacific Gas and Electric Company
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: San Ramon, CA, US
Application Deadline: N/A