The Petco Legal department is looking for an experienced attorney with general corporate skills and/or relevant experience to join our team as Corporate Counsel reporting to the Associate General Counsel. The Corporate Counsel will provide comprehensive legal counsel and legal risk analysis related to Petco’s various business operations and initiatives. We are looking for someone who thrives in a fast-pace environment and enjoys working on a vast array of different issues on a day to day basis.
- Provide day-to-day legal counsel to various Petco departments and comprehensive management and resolution of legal inquiries from business team members.
- Provide product counsel and practical review of customer-facing materials and technology to confirm compliance with applicable laws and regulations.
- Assist the Legal department efforts in the creation, implementation and refinement of forms, policies and procedures and prepare and deliver trainings to business groups from time to time.
- Build close cross-functional relationships with team members in supported business operations and obtain and maintain a solid knowledge of the products, services and objectives of those operations.
- Draft and negotiate a variety of domestic and international commercial agreements, including SAAS, licensing, manufacture and supply, consulting, marketing, agency, and other operational agreements.
- Other duties and projects assigned by the Associate General Counsel as they arise.
- Demonstrate a naturally business-friendly approach to legal problem solving and be able to effectively counsel internal clients by providing them with clear and concise practical advice as well as creative solutions.
- Have a positive attitude, sense of humor and work collaboratively with other members of the Legal team and internal clients.
- Be extremely organized and efficient with strong follow-through and accountability.
- Thrive in new and potentially uncomfortable situations and be able to simultaneously manage multiple client demands and shifting priorities within a fast-paced, and rapidly evolving environment.
- Be efficiently analytical and have exceptional business and legal issue identification and problem-solving skills.
- Possess a strong desire to learn the business and new areas of law and to function integrally as part of a cross-departmental team.
- Be confident, professional and quickly able to gain the respect and trust of business team members.
- Be a self-starter who is quick to pick up new concepts, and willing and able to dig in and become an “expert” as needs arise
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: San Diego, California, United States
Application Deadline: N/A