Website Old Navy
The AssistantBuyer provides support in ensuring the successful development, execution andcommunications of financial and inventory plans and strategies to meet orexceed sales, gross margin, GMROI and inventory goals for the Mexico Market.The Assistant Buyer is the expert oftheir division and is a true business owner who knows their customer and theirmarket inside and out. The Assistant Buyer is responsible for partnering withthe global team to ensure Mexico needs are embedded in the Global Old Navyproduct strategies.
- In partnership with manager, help develop and communicate comprehensive financial & product strategies.
- Assist in the development of annual, seasonal, monthly and weekly financial plans, as appropriate.
- Present divisional business recaps in weekly business meeting, performance and forward-looking action.
- Forecast in-season sales, margin expectations and inventory ownership. Assist in developing strategies to maximize opportunities and mitigate risk.
- Drive in-season pricing strategies (promo & markdown) to meet financial objectives.
- Driven and Influence allocation and inventory depending on market needs.
- Present monthly open-to-buy activities.
- Review and drive category level pricing, discount management and strategies aligned with financial plans.
- Help facilitate and manage seasonal exclusive business needs (unique product + placement, product edits/leveling, commercial plan/category distortion).
- Financial and Business Acumen: Ability to evaluate financial and business indicators and translate data into actionable information to drive results; proficiency in retail math.
- Possess strong organizational and time management skills.
- Demonstrate strong listening, written and oral communication skills.
- Required to travel domestically and international
- Bilingual in English and Spanish preferred
- Analytic Skills: Ability to think objectively and interpret meaningful themes from quantitative and qualitative data.
- Influencing & Negotiation: Can present ideas and directions that lead others to action.
- Collaboration: Able to build constructive and effective relationships with a broad and diverse group of partners.
- Presentation Skills: Effective in a variety of presentation settings including one-on-one, small and large groups, and with peers and leaders.
- Systems and Tools Acumen: Proficiency in MS Excel and have aptitude to learn technical applications quickly.
- Have an ability to deal with ambiguity and create actionable business strategies.
Qualification & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- 1-2 years work experience, preferred
Company: Old Navy
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: San Francisco, CA, US
Application Deadline: N/A