Website Old Mutual
This is an exciting opportunity for a well-seasoned product actuary in Zimbabwe. Essential to the success of these roles are knowledge of the local markets, the financial landscape, challenges and opportunities in the mentioned countries. The successful candidates will be part of the Exec teams in the regions providing strategic input on product propositions for the identified markets. All incumbents will report directly to the OML Director: Customer Solutions.
- Responsibility for innovative new product development and the management of the existing book of products ensuring the business meets both customer and shareholder expectations
- Assisting regions/countries develop business cases supporting new products and sign off.
- The role needs to ensure that product experience is continuously reviewed compared to assumptions and perform rate reviews where required.
- Developing the predominately retail and corporate Life Product strategy for the region/countries, in support of the region/country’s business strategy.
- Determine country integrated product set profitability, taking into account entire value chain and propose initiatives to improve
- Where relevant, assist with the design, development and implementation of customer Rewards schemes and product development and management supporting Integrated Financial Services aspirations and implementation.
- Potentially owning multiple high-priority product developments simultaneously.
- Track performance and take up of new or revamped products.
- Needs to ensure product remains relevant and robust in terms of product features, underwriting and claims practices.
- Drive the product thinking behind integration of products (INCL NON-LIFE) wrt Integrated
- Financial Services strategy
- Ensuring robust governance of all Life Product development, enhancement and management.
- Need a clear understanding of product profitability and the various profit levers to advise exco on business decisions.
- Implementing new products or product amendments by clarifying business requirements to ensure IT implementations
- Analytical problem solver.
- Experience in operating with multiple project teams.
- Qualified actuary.
- 10+ years’ product development/management or related experience in the insurance industry.
- Commercial business experience will be advantageous
- Strong working knowledge of systems, applications, business processes and operations of products will be an advantage.
- Travel, as required, across the region and to and from South Africa
- Excellent communication skills and stakeholder management with strong influencing skills.
- Experience in owning the development and management of complex, multi-disciplined projects
- Broad insurance and financial product knowledge is essential.
Company: Old Mutual
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Johannesburg
Application Deadline: N/A