Website Old Mutual
The role of Software Engineer – Intermediate WhatsApp/USSD Developer is responsible for the development of high-quality WhatsApp/USSD solutions. This role requires participation in the development and maintenance activities of software and other digital applications or services.
- Writes secure, stable, testable, maintainable code with minimal defects.
- Build Front-end and/or back-end solutions on the WhatsApp/USSD digital channel/platform Knowledgeable of and implements coding design patterns
- Clearly documents software to ensure that future generations of developers understand the intention behind the features and components built.
- Work in a DevOps culture
- Work closely with multi-skilled and cross-functional teams e.g., architects, developers, UX designers, business
- Understand, communicate and/or translate complex procedures
- Writes unit tests and tests code thoroughly
- Participates in team design, scoping and prioritization discussions
- Generate, contribute and drive technical documentation according to OML guidelines
- Document & Design solutions at an Application Level with guidance from seniors
- Assumes responsibility for the state of the code you both inherit and produce.
- Contributes to and develop technical specifications and software application architecture and designs
- Responsible for getting designs and code reviewed,
- Follow Agile methodologies (SCRUM / Kanban)
- Build cloud based functional WhatsApp/USSD applications at an enterprise level
- Classifies, stores, and handles data in accordance with Old Mutual policies
- Implement complex Business Features and solutions with minimal guidance
- Test-Driven Development is one of our key practices.
- Containerisation technologies e.g., Kubernetes, Docker
- Collaboration tools e.g. Confluence, Jira, Microsoft Teams, Slack
- CI/CD Tools e.g., Jenkins, AWS Code Commit, CodeBuild, Code Deploy
- Performance testing tools e.g., Locust/Jmeter/Gatling etc.
- Data Visualization tools e.g. Data Dog, Grafana or similar toolchain
- ExpressJS Framework eg. NodeJS
- RESTFul, GraphQL
- Matric certificate with relevant tertiary qualification
- Contract testing (e.g., Postman, Neman)
- Unit Testing Tools e.g. Mocha, Chai
- AWS (preferred) or another cloud provider such as Microsoft Azure or Google Cloud Platform
- Relational and Document-based Databases e.g., Amazon RDS, DynamoDB, Mongo, Postgres etc.
- IaC technologies e.g., Terraform/Cloudformation
- Static Analysis / Code standards (Linting)
- 3+ years of experience in WhatsApp/USSD application development
Company: Old Mutual
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Pinelands
Application Deadline: N/A