The Manager, Virtual Production – UK & EMEA will be responsible for managing Studio & Production engagements early in development (pre-green light) through production, across a slate of episodic series and features that are inclusive of transmedia content opportunities. The Virtual Production Manager will work closely with our local Production Innovation team, cross functional partners in region, and with our global Directors of Virtual & Digital Production.
- Informs and advises on necessary Virtual Production schedules encompassing project development, design, build, production, through delivery timeframes, giving guidance to Filmmakers and cross-functional partners across global slate of series and features.
- Partners with our UK & EMEA Production Innovation team and key Physical Production & Creative Execs to oversee the early development (pre-greenlight), R&D, and
- Pre-Production of our local UK & EMEA slate as well as assisting our Global teams with inbound UCAN titles.
- Manages and tracks cost efficiency of the use of Virtual & real-time technology on projects.
- Play an active role in the development, implementation and advocacy of Production Innovations projects and initiatives with a key focus on inclusive education and industry engagement.
- Provides creation, input, and advisement to the Studio Execs as well Production side Line Producer, Virtual Production Producer & VFX Producer of schedule & budgets, whilst working cross functionally with our global Digital Production team.
- Engages in necessary bidding, cross referencing cost impact across multiple methodologies, and provides strategic comparisons between traditional production and virtual production.
- Provides guidance of workflow and schedules for content and real-time assets from VAD & VFX through pre, shoot & post production
- Advises on Production Crewing and hiring, sourcing virtual production personnel and vendors regionally, as well as establishing market rate cards.
- Serve as a role model with respect to Netflix Culture and advocate for company values and objectives.
- Provides project or script evaluation and breakdowns for the studio.
- Capable of working with producers and production managers on implementing virtual production workflows & solutions on time and on budget.
- Strong organizational skills with a proactive mentality and creative problem-solving abilities.
- Experience in deploying or managing projects and teams involving Virtual Production, VAD, and VFX pipelines.
- Experience and comfort working directly with Studio Executives, Director/Showrunners, Line Producers, Production Designers, VFX Producers, and Post Supervisors is critical.
- 5+ years of experience as a freelance, high end vendor or studio side Producer/Production Manager in Virtual Production, or VFX.
- Passionate about our culture and values in the workplace.
- Role is based primarily in the UK, but travel across EMEA would be required.
- A sincere passion and entrepreneurial spirit for enabling the democratization of real-time technologies and workflows through the content adoption of virtual production.
- Ability to handle a fast paced environment, producing several projects in various points of production (from development through delivery).
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: London, England, United Kingdom
Application Deadline: N/A