You’ll partner closely with category and corporate cost centre heads providing support and challenge when preparing quarterly forecasts for their areas. You’ll pro-actively monitor actual vs planned performance, highlighting any risks and opportunities for the areas you support.
- Support the Planning & Reporting team where necessary in the production of overhead budgeting information for key business meetings in the annual reporting calendar and in the monthly FIT tool upload.
- Be responsible for co-ordinating the budget updates for the corporate functions and categories you collaborate with, offering challenge to the numbers as and when necessary.
- Own the annual cost centre customer reviews and ensure the business is supported with queries and explanations of changes that have happened.
- Validate the quarterly model, ensuring detailed commentary is given to the business, explaining any movements in the cost centre budgets and allocations.
- Drive, support and co-ordinate the monthly overhead budgeting forecast across the market through continuous reviews. During this process, you’ll look to streamline and improve the process ensuring it’s as efficient as it possibly can be.
- Be a key player in identifying and driving improvements in the end-to-end cost centre process, providing support and training to cost centre heads where needed.
- Ensure the Market is compliant with costing standards set by the Centre whilst driving awareness to the cost centre heads of any changes to practices.
- To be successful in this role you will be a part or fully qualified Accountant with a real passion to work across a whole host of stakeholder groups, whether that be finance or other areas of the business.
- Being able to build strong working relationships that allow you to challenge your areas’ thinking whilst developing their capability in budget development and management is essential.
- It’s a given that you will have strong MS Excel knowledge, fantastic attention to detail and great communication skills, allowing you to work across a wide range of stakeholders.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: York, England, United Kingdom
Application Deadline: N/A