Website National Trust
Affectionately referred to as the ‘Downton of the North’, Gawthorpe Hall was redesigned in the 1850s by Sir Charles Barry, designer of the Houses of Parliament and the ‘real’ Downton Abbey, Highclere Castle.
The modest Hall houses the North West’s largest collection of portraits on loan from the National Portrait Gallery as well as The Gawthorpe Textiles Collection, a wonderful collection of intricate lace, embroidery and needlework amassed by Miss Rachel Kay-Shuttleworth.
- You’ll support the team to meet its objectives by ensuring high standards are delivered and maintained at all times.
- As the Facilities Co-ordinator, you’ll be responsible for supporting the delivery of an efficient, effective and flexible facilities service, to enable the successful operation of the property.
- You’ll be assisting with the provision of planned, preventative and reactive maintenance and repairs, cleaning and caretaking duties, presentation of public areas and visitor facilities including car parks and grounds, preparation of meeting rooms and the co-ordination of back of house services such as deliveries and collections.
- Good organisational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to work well in a team
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Willingness to work alongside volunteers and is able to support volunteers to perform at their best
- Ability to multi-task and work in collaboration with other departments
- Experience in a facilities role in a customer service environment
- Ability to use tools, equipment as required for the role
- Flexible, customer focussed approach with understanding of good customer service standards
- Good IT skills (Microsoft Office)
Company: National Trust
Vacancy Type: Part Time
Job Location: Burnley, England, United Kingdom
Application Deadline: N/A