Website National Trust
We’re looking for a hardworking and passionate Collections Assistant to join our team at Canons Ashby. As a Collections Assistant, you’ll be helping with the day-to-day cleaning and care of the collections. Your day will begin by giving the house a thorough clean and opening it up ready to welcome our first visitors.
- You’ll always have a Duty Manager on hand when carrying out this role.
- You’ll be carrying out Front of House duties, this includes supervising our team of dedicated volunteers and making sure they have everything they need, so you’ll need to be a confident people person.
- This could include opening up the property, answering the phone, checking on departments during the day and troubleshooting.
- There will also be opportunities to carry out the Duty Management Support role, which involves supporting the running of the site.
- In this visitor facing role, you’ll be on hand during the day to answers questions and help out where needed, we’d love you to talk to visitors about the work you’re doing, and the collections we have, before closing up the house at the end of the day.
- You’ll keep a keen eye on everything from the environmental conditions in a room to signs of wear and tear and you’ll keep accurate records too.
- A good understanding of preventive conservation
- The ability to support volunteers to perform at their best
- Knowledge of the approach required when working with fragile historic collections as well as Health & Safety and emergency procedures
- A keen interest in history, historic properties and conservation of their collections
- Good manual dexterity and eye-to-hand skills and ability to work from ladders and tower scaffold
- A willingness to undertake continuing professional development and personal skills development and have an enthusiasm to learn
- Good interpersonal and communication skills, and are a great team player
Company: National Trust
Vacancy Type: Part Time
Job Location: Daventry, England, United Kingdom
Application Deadline: N/A