The primary responsibility of this position is to analyze FML, State FML and Company leave policies and set up the back end systems to appropriately intake and administer a customer’s absence claims. The BA will work with Implementation and Service teams to understand at a very detailed level the provisions of the leave polices, set-up and test the back-end systems. The BA will also analyze change requests to understand how the back-end systems need to be updated in order to accommodate customers’ changes as well as regulation changes.
- Attend conference calls related to Absence set-up issues/topics and provide consultation relative to resolution and next steps.
- Subject matter expert with internal and external customers on FML, State FML and leave policies, as well as eligibility requirements.
- Partnering with account teams, Disability Operational Process Leads, and Customer Delivery for changes to existing TAM/Catlayst customers. Analyze impact of change to current set-up, develop solution and implement.
- Identify, solution and implement process and system improvements through continuous business and procedural analysis
- Support internal/external projects for the building of business requirements, design input and UAT.
- Performs other duties as assigned or required.
- Conducts secondary level eligibility file testing for new/changed files.
- Responsible for the back-end system set-up for implementing new TAM/Catalyst cases, working closely with National Account and Regional Market Implementation teams, as well as the customer, to assess and implement leave of absence policies.
- Effective oral and written communication skills: technical and non-technical
- Ability to effectively promote/represent the department, and build relationships within the MetLife Enterprise
- Effective presentation skills
- Knowledge of system design processes, methodologies, and testing tools used specifically during user acceptance testing
- Organizational skills, ability to deliver effective solutions efficiently
- Ability to work with varying levels of management and support personnel in resolving complex technology related issues
- Ability to thrive in a high-pressure environment
- Ability to identify and cultivate relationships with key stakeholders representing a broad range of functions and levels
- Ability to manage multiple high-priority tasks simultaneously
- Bachelor’s degree in related field or equivalent experience.
- 3+ years of related work experience with Disability products.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills required to work with customers of all levels of case complexity
- Demonstrated analytical and problem solving skills with strict attention to detail while considering alternatives and their impact
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Troy, NY, US
Application Deadline: N/A