The Maintenance Control team provides surveillance, control, and direction for all aircraft maintenance concerns.
- Uses real time aircraft monitoring applications to provide proactive resolution of in service discrepancies.
- Focal point within the SOC for all aircraft maintenance related items and provides bi directional communications to business unit members as required by the general maintenance manual and internal operating procedures.
- Provides real time recovery support for aircraft that are out of service, liaises with front Line Maintenance, AOG, Engineering, Dispatch, Sys Ops and Flight to establish a recovery plan of action.
- Maintain constant surveillance of overall line station activity. Supports both JetBlue Line maintenance and Contract Maintenance Business Partners in all matters regarding aircraft maintenance. Overall authority over the application of the JetBlue Airways deferred maintenance process as outline in the general Maintenance manual
- Other duties as assigne
- Central point of contact for front line Crewmembers, Business Partners and all other aircraft maintenance related matters
- Authority and responsibility for the supervision and coordination of all unscheduled maintenance functions that are accomplished using JetBlue Airways procedures
- Must be able to acquire and maintain a valid Security Identification Display Area (SIDA) Badge
- Depending on location, may need to acquire and maintain a United States Customs Clearance
- Ability to stay focused and work under pressure
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong work ethic
- Pass a ten (10) year background check and pre-employment drug test
- Legally eligible to work in the country in which the position is located
Qualification & Experience:
- High School Diploma or General Education Development (GED) Diploma
- Six (6) years of aircraft maintenance experience
- Five (5) years of experience in heavy transport aircraft
- Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) Airframe and Powerplant Certificate
- Bachelor’s Degree in Aviation Maintenance Management
- 2 years Maintenance Control Experience (Heavy Transport)
- Proficient with Microsoft Office suite and in the use of digital manuals
- Previous leadership experience
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Long Island City, New York, United States
Application Deadline: N/A