The Manager Corporate Communications JetBlue Travel Products (JTP) based in Dania Beach, Florida reports to the Director, Corporate Communications (JetBlue) and is responsible for creating, implementing and managing strategic external communication plans that support departmental and company objectives. This individual supports the efforts to create and implement communications that positively promote JTP’s vision, the portfolio of products and services we provide and our people. The ideal candidate is well-rounded in external communications, must show demonstrated success in managing multiple projects simultaneously from start to completion; and is eager to grow the communications space of JTP.
- Provides support and strategic communication guidance to JTP’s Executive Leadership Team (ELT) on internal and external corporate communication needs.
- Develops, launches, and manages external communication programs and channels to effectively communicate to customers.
- Effectively partners, coordinates and integrates programs with JetBlue Corporate Communications and across the organization to ensure consistency of message and the alignment of strategic direction between both JTP and JetBlue.
- In partnership with JTP’s Commercial team, creates content for customer-facing communication and marketing initiatives.
- Keeps up to date with advances in social media technology and the latest social media platforms to best engage JTP’s various audiences both internally and externally.
- Takes a significant role in the development of crewmembers to support engagement, growth and goal achievement.
- May provide general JTP internal communications support on an as needed basis.
- Other complex projects and duties as assigned.
- Develops media relations programs to generate visibility for JTP and manages incoming media requests and opportunities.
- Serves as a trusted, credible resource to all JTP departments for external communication needs.
- Assists in identifying and executing integrated storytelling and content development opportunities for JTP for external audiences focused on achieving best results from every communication opportunity.
- Acts as a role model by being highly engaged and an active participant during JTP leadership and team meetings.
- Organizes, attends, presents at and leads cross-functional team meetings to increase collaboration, foster positive relationships and improve communication within JTP.
- Proficiency with professional tools to support communication requirements (e.g. Google Suite, Microsoft Office Suite, PowerPoint, Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop).
- Organized and detail-oriented.
- Adept at working in a fast-paced environment.
- In possession of valid travel documents with the ability to travel in and out of foreign JTP markets.
- Available for occasional overnight travel (10%)
- Excellent editing skills and the ability to convey complex information in a clear and concise manner.
- Excellent ability to lead and motivate a team to meet department objectives.
- Excellent ability to manage diverse responsibilities while adhering to tight deadlines.
- Comfort interfacing with executive leadership.
- Experience communicating to a diverse and remote workforce including multiple locations.
- Strong ability to create communication strategies utilizing digital and video formats.
- Must pass a ten (10) year background check and pre-employment drug test.
- Must be legally eligible to work in the country in which the position is located,
Qualification & Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Journalism, English, Public Relations, Communications or similar.
- Five (5) years of Communications, Journalism, Public Relations or relevant experience.
- Able to successfully demonstrate writing abilities through the completion of a work sample during the hiring process
- Excellent written, verbal and presentation skills.
- Experience working with media.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Dania, FL, US
Application Deadline: N/A