Website J. C. Penney
The Assistant Stylist is responsible for providing operational and administrative support on styling projects. Works with all divisions of JCPenney including women’s, men’s, kids, accessories, home and footwear ensuring optimum style and brand consistency. The Assistant Stylist works closely with teams across every production phase to ensure that each shoot has accurate product, as well as wrapping each job with attention to detail returning samples and completing expenses.
- Works closely with Styling Manager to ensure optimum execution of creative concepts.
- Creates photo decks with accurate product info for each new merchandise set of shoes and accessories given to Styling Team
- Oversee the management of all props and accessories within the styling sample room.
- Helps coordinate gathering and returning product for shoots; via internal sample room, shopping in store or online, ordering from vendors.
- Assists in creating monthly seasonal styling presentations by collecting merchandise info, doing industry & trend research, and pulling additional creative inspiration from various sources.
- Maintains awareness of industry trends in order to recommend styling direction for JCPenney’s.
- Builds a network of contacts with MAT teams, sample team, and local stores to facilitate and coordinate all sample resources available to the Styling team.
- Strong project management, time management, verbal and written communications.
- A librarian’s sensibility to physically organize and manage a room full of multiple samples
- Proactive and resourceful problem solver
Qualification & Experience:
- College degree, certificate in fashion or interior design or equivalent work experience preferred.
- 3-5 years’ experience in retail advertising with fashion styling background or related photography/design functions. Onset studio experience preferred.
Company: J. C. Penney
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Plano, TX
Application Deadline: N/A