The job holder supports the Global Investigations and Regulatory Enforcement (GIRE) team and is responsible for project coordination, support, and administration. GIRE is a specialist team within the HSBC Legal Function that leads matters involving significant government-facing and internal investigations.
- Manage investigation documentation.
- Document compliance with cross-border data transfer controls.
- Conduct open-source and public database research.
- Compile and coordinate internal reporting.
- Helping to manage and track external legal spend.
- Prepare case-specific and thematic briefing materials.
- Gather material from HSBC systems and from other HSBC departments (and tracking requests for same).
- Assist with case intake process.
- Assist with witness interviews and drafting interview memoranda.
- Develop expertise in certain data types.
- Working with providers of e-discovery and managed-review services.
- Helping to onboard external counsel and other vendors.
- Support GIRE in the management of external legal counsel and other external vendors. This may include:
- Prepare trainings, papers, and other thought-leadership exercises.
- Review and summarise material, including electronic communications, account records, transaction records, trade data, and other data types.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, written and verbal communication, including experience of dealing with colleagues at all levels
- Strong customer focus
- Experience in administrating information resources is desirable
- Proficiency in multiple languages is desirable
- Ability to meet deadlines and prioritise a busy workload whilst maintaining consistently high standards
- A law degree (or equivalent) is desirable, LPC would be an advantage.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Calm under pressure
- Familiarity with Legal Tracker is desirable
- Excellent analytical, organizational, and administrative skills
- Familiarity of HSBC operations and internal systems is desirable
- Proven project coordination and problem-solving skills demonstrating ability to plan and coordinate project tasks
- A litigation or investigations background is desirable
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills
- Good attention to detail
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: London, England, United Kingdom
Application Deadline: N/A