The role holder is required to make effective customer contact through inbound and/or outbound channels, as required, to proactively broaden and deepen relationships with customers through identifying opportunities to meet a customer’s requirements
The role holder reports directly to the Regional Head- Ontario, and is responsible for the identification, negotiation & sale of Equipment Finance & Leasing products together with fees within key geographical business areas for Equipment Finance.
- Be a product expert, ensuring that it is used in appropriate circumstances and reducing the likelihood of the Bank being exposed to any reputational, operational or financial risks.
- Identify, negotiate & effect sale of Equipment Finance & Leasing and collect document/arrangement fees to meet target levels from an established portfolio of facility customers.
- Work closely with sales colleagues to promote awareness of Equipment Finance & Leasing Finance products, strategies and competitor information
- Be responsible for customer engagement; ensure service excellence at all times, for all aspects of any customer, prospect or professional’s interaction with HSBC.
- Undertake prospecting /marketing activity as directed by Sales Manager to grow the customer base within Equipment Finance & Leasing.
- Ensure customer service levels are high thereby mitigating loss of customers and maintain/develop key relationships to protect customer profitability.
- Enable the identification of new sales opportunities in the form of new to bank or new to Equipment Finance & Leasing division
- Develop cross sale opportunities from customer & prospect base, and maximise HSBC Group portfolio opportunities.
- Ensure the appropriate delivery channel services the customer needs are in place whilst meeting the aspirations of the customer, the Bank and the Equipment Finance & Leasing business.
- Provide excellent relationship management to all customers including meeting realistic customer expectations in terms of efficiency, accuracy and professionalism.
- Maintain awareness of the applicable regulatory and business environment
- Be an ambassador for HSBC and develop the bank’s profile in the local ‘International Business’ community
- Develop and communicate effective strategies for winning new business
- Support development, direction and delivery of strategic initiatives
- Work in partnership with colleagues across the HSBC network to deliver exceptional standards and quality of service
- Develop & implement appropriately high service standards, focused upon exceeding expectation
- Develop appropriate calling plans with the team to efficiently and effectively achieve goals and objectives
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to interact and build relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- The location of the position is Greater Toronto Area and surrounding area
- Some travel may be required once we return to office
- Excellent selling and negotiation skills
- Proven ability in identifying and meeting customer needs through matching a broad range of products and services
- Good knowledge of installment finance industry and products, including a sound awareness of competitor product and activity
- Excellent time management, planning and organization skills
- Strong leadership and team motivational skills
- Good level of business acumen and commercial awareness, including economic, cultural, procedural and regulatory issues
- Ability to interact with business customers at all levels
- Proven ability to deliver creative and flexible customer solutions.
- BA in related discipline and 5-8 years of experience working in a competitive sales environment
- Strong analytical skills
- Good IT skills and knowledge
- Ability to understand a customer’s business and the fundamentals of running a business
- Strong credit assessment skills, particularly with regard to more complex and structured facilities with an international dimension
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Toronto, ON, CA
Application Deadline: N/A