Sappi Southern Africa requires an HR Specialist: Remuneration and Benefits to be responsible for providing market analytics, data modelling, benchmarking, internal/external research and governance input for remuneration matters including pay, benefits, short-and long-term incentives. The role holder will be required to provide data-driven recommendations on compensation programmes and their delivery to ensure that Sappi can remain competitive from a remuneration point of view.
- Engage with technology teams who support core HR systems (SAP, SuccessFactors Employee Central and Cornerstone) to enable clean and well-structured data.
- Research includes all levels – from entry-level employees to executive remuneration and board level.
- Determine which HR-related decisions could benefit from predictive analytics and work with IT to develop the models and inputs to enable it.
- Prepare Sappi’s submissions for compensation and benefits surveys in the formats required by the benchmarking companies used by the company.
- Work with IT to create data visualization and reporting tools that are end-user friendly using the Tableau application in use in Sappi.
- Scope the benchmarking requirements and manage the service contracts with the providers.
- Perform financial modelling to analyse the costs of various compensation programmes (pay, benefits and incentives) as well as for scenario planning during compensation reviews (increases and bonuses).
- Act as custodian for HR data analytics by defining data definitions and structures for all HR master data (not just compensation).
- Research compensation trends using third party benchmarking providers.
- Use compensation data (internal and external) to provide recommendations to HR managers and business partners regarding appropriate offers for new hires, internal appointments, and promotions
- Extract reports and perform analytics on the survey results.
- Participate in the redesign of remuneration structures using the outcomes of the analytics.
- Chartered Reward Specialist accreditation with the SA Reward Association
- Bachelors’ Degree in Finance, Industrial Engineering or Data Science
- Heavy industry remuneration experience
- 5 years+ experience in remuneration or business analytics
- Previous experience working with remuneration structures in Payroll and Tax functions
- Postgraduate qualification in taxation is an advantage
- Significant experience in data analytics and financial modelling
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Johannesburg
Application Deadline: N/A