We are seeking a senior level UX Designer ready to design outstanding branded, seamless experiences that span mobile, web, and emerging technologies such as AR and voice, coach and mentor other designers, and constructively partner across the business to advocate for design that enables user needs. We will count on you to help define both near-term tactical and long-term strategic designs by collaborating with offering management and engineering teams.
- Create and iteratively refine UI prototypes (low- through high-fidelity as appropriate) that effectively communicate design intent to the cross-functional product team and customers
- Lead the scoping, planning, and tracking of assigned projects
- Participate in generative and evaluative research activities. Plan and conduct workshops
- Drive and maintain the quality of design and consistency of deliverables across the design group by defining standard templates and processes
- Manage engagements with external design and development firms
- Coach and mentor others
- User Interface Design (45%
- Incorporate research insights, UX best practices, business needs, and the Honeywell Design Language System in your design
- Develop and implement cohesive design strategies that span touchpoints across the life cycle of multiple products
- Work with User Research (25%)
- Work with product teams (30%)
- Demonstrated proficiency with UX research methodology and tools
- Familiarity applying generative research techniques (e.g., contextual inquiry, structured interviews, and surveys) and evaluative usability assessment techniques (e.g., SUS, heuristic evaluation, and time on task / error rate performance testing)
- Familiarity working within an Agile / iterative development framework
- Experience applying corporate branding and design language system
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and juggle multiple projects at once
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
Qualification & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in HCI, human factors, cognitive or experimental psychology or related field, or Bachelors plus certificate in HCI.
- 5+ years’ experience designing digital solutions
- Master’s degree in human-computer interaction, human factors, cognitive or experimental psychology, or related field.
- Experience working collaboratively in global, multi-disciplinary design teams with cross-functional stakeholders
- An attitude biased toward ownership, action, and pragmatic design tradeoffs
- A passion for, and familiarity with the industries for which we design. If you’ve ever worked in a warehouse, on an oil platform, in construction, as a truck driver, or in any other industrial company.
- Portfolio demonstrating innovative and complex design solutions in released products – online or hardcopy formats are acceptable
- Proficiency with design tools for UI prototyping and visual asset creation (e.g., Axure, InVision Studio and DSM, Sketch, Adobe Creative Suite)
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Alpharetta, GA, US
Application Deadline: N/A