Expedia Group is seeking a Director of Data Science. In this role, you will lead our large and growing an organization and drive product and platform decision-making using cutting machine learning and AI technology. You will play a key role in driving programmatic initiatives throughout every aspect of the company.This role requires you to have extraordinary interpersonal skills, emotional intelligence and the ability to inspire and engage multi-functional teams in a complex and rapidly evolving environment. You lead by example, encouraging and inspiring your teams to build creative solutions at scale. You’ll be expected to foster a culture of trust, living and breathing our values of: Scientific Mindset, Openness, One Team, Participation and Mastery.
- Scale the Data Science team to the next level, attracting and mentoring top talent
- You will generate a huge return on investment by using Machine Learning techniques to reduce frictions for travelers and provide personalized travel experience
- Define and promote Data Science Strategies throughout our business, including but not limited to:
- Natural language processing
- Work across the broader Expedia Group technology leadership to define and optimize our data science strategy
- Coach, mentor, and develop a deeply talented team of data scientists, machine learning engineers.
- Recommendation system
- Computer vision and image processing
- Knowledge graph
- Advanced knowledge in Artificial Intelligence; Machine Learning, Natural Language Processing, Deep Learning, etc.
- Ability to quickly develop, foster and influence relationships as well as navigate large complex organizations
- Ability to strategically guide and influence teams to apply the right machine learning, statistical or econometric model to solve Expedia’s most important business challenges
Qualification & Experience:
- Experience in a variety of machine learning techniques, with a practical understanding of their real-world advantages/drawbacks
- Extensive coding expertise in Python, R, Spark, etc.
- A Senior Data Scientist with 5+ years of experience building data platforms and statistical models.
- An experienced Data Science leader (3+ years) building and leading data science teams
- Master’s or PhD in Computer Science, Statistics, Machine learning or similar quantitative field
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Seattle, WA, US
Application Deadline: N/A