Do you thrive in an environment focused on innovation, continuous delivery and test automation? Are you passionate about Cloud Computing and the technology needed to drive security and fraud prevention? Do you love building creative, highly scalable and reliable technologies?Expedia’s Hybrid & Cloud Infrastructure team is searching for a top-notch Software Engineering Manager to deliver on key initiatives, starting from the idea phase all the way through requirements definition, analysis, technical specifications, development and product delivery. This is a highly visible role that requires an understanding of our large, complex technical environment.If you have an entrepreneurial spirit, know how to deliver, are deeply technical and analytical, highly innovative and long for the opportunity to shape a new business and build solutions to challenging problems that directly impact the company’s bottom line, we want to talk to you!
- Create simple, elegant technical software/application solutions to complex problems
- Serve as a subject matter expert and technical lead in cross-functional feature delivery and lead by example when called upon for production support
- Lead a team of 4-5 junior developers, raising the quality bar and overall level of Engineering Excellence within the team
- Lead architecture definition for and development of complex software engineering projects
Qualification & Experience:
- 7+ years of industry experience with a bachelor’s or master’s degree in CS or equivalent
- Diverse background with data storage technologies (RDBMS, NoSql, Document Store, in memory key/value, search systems)
- Experience with automated testing, including unit, functional, and integration testing
- 2+ years of people management experience preferred but not required
- Coding proficiency in at least one modern programming language (Java, Scala, Python etc.). Experience in Linux (or UNIX)
- Experience building, deploying and managing applications with AWS technologies – S3, EC2, EMR etc.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Seattle, WA, US
Application Deadline: N/A