Leading and supporting on a wide range of corporate and corporate governance related matters and M&A transactions including transaction management, liaising with senior stakeholders from across the organization and reviewing and negotiating transaction documentation.
- Advising on corporate and corporate governance related issues, under the contractual and local legal framework (common and civil law based) – in the capacity of shareholder, operator/service provider, and nominee director, in various jurisdictions.
- Leading and supporting on a wide range of corporate and M&A transactions, both domestic and cross border.
- Lead negotiations of transaction documents, with a pragmatic solutions oriented approach demonstrating sound business judgement.
- Transaction management.
- Conduct analysis for the optimization and streamlining of section processes to support the accomplishment of functional synergies and to enhance corporate performance and efficiency.
- Support closing of the M&A transactions and post closing integration.
- Drafting and reviewing of non binding and definitive transaction documentation, demonstrating attention to detail.
- Provide leadership and mentoring to Legal Counsel for M&A.
- Managing external counsel.
- Provide advice and assist in the implementation of the functional strategy in area of responsibility across Etisalat Int’l.
- Liaising with senior stakeholders and working closely with other business units internally (including compliance) across the organization, as well as with external advisors.
- Draft and assist with the preparation of M&A related board and committee meeting materials.
- Provide advice on transaction structuring from a legal and investor protection perspective.
- Strong understanding of corporate governance related issues.
- Guide the due diligence process.
- Draft and negotiate corporate governance documents (shareholder agreements, articles of association, board and committee charters etc.).
- Membership of a professional Bar Association (Preferred)
- 10 to 15 years of experience in a senior M&A and corporate legal role, preferably with legal training completed in private practice (magic circle or equivalent) and have in house experience in a progressive business organization, preferably with a telecom background.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Law
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Application Deadline: N/A