Website Dubai Metro
Ensure satisfactory completion of the allocated planned and reactive maintenance, fault diagnosis and remedial repairs on the Plumbing services and its associated equipment, for all plant and systems contained. Please note that this position is subject to contract award.
- Monitor, top-up, flush, adjust, rectify and /or repair water treatment systems, domestic hot and cold-water systems and maintain and update records on a daily basis.
- Provide effective communication with management, peers, contractors, subcontractors, project subcontractors.
- Carry out the planned and reactive maintenance of storage tanks, sanitary ware, fixtures and fittings (taps, showers, thermostatic mixer valves, cisterns and others) domestic hot and cold-water system, pipework, drainage system, water treatment systems, including pumps and valves of all types and water based firefighting systems.
- Participate in the Health, Safety & Risk programs including risk assessment of planned and reactive maintenance work activities.
- Participate in project work including refurbishment of existing building equipment/systems and/or new installations.
- Maintain up to date knowledge for the safe and efficient performance of all duties.
- Ensure good HSQE and Information security culture is promoted within the department and among peers.
- Assist in monitoring water consumption, collation of consumption figures, and update records as required.
- Participate in emergency on-call service during non-working hours, weekends and public holidays.
- Participate in overtime, shift work and/or out of hours working as governed by the necessity to maintain continuity of operation of essential plant and systems.
- Use safe systems of work when working with all plant and equipment and ensure the same with the department and among sub-contractors and third parties.
- To integrate and communicate effectively with other trade staff (Electrical, Mechanical and Civil) as required.
- Work alone with minimum supervision and/or within a team responsible to the Supervisor.
- Physically fit and conscientious.
- Ability to work on own initiative and without direct supervision.
- Good English language skills both written and oral.
- Innovative thinker.
- Technically competent with a clear technical understanding of buildings Plumbing services and associated equipment.
- Proficient and able to demonstrate a complete understanding of Plumbing systems throughout.
- Understanding of planned and preventative maintenance principles.
- Minimum three (3) years of experience as plumber in a commercial buildings or hospital or other facilities management building services engineering environment.
- Ability to work to tight deadlines in a demanding environment.
- At least holder of High School Diploma.
- Customer focused.
- Must hold relevant and recognized qualifications in the discipline, or equivalent.
Company: Dubai Metro
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
Application Deadline: N/A