Website Citizens Financial Group
Your role as Principal of Software Engineering is to work with engineering teams and architecture to produce high-quality technology solutions. You will be given the autonomy to lead, design and develop innovative solutions to some of the biggest technical issues facing the banking industry. As Principal, you will serve as a peer-leader tasked with pursuing cutting-edge initiatives and solutions. The breadth of Citizens operations ensures a diversity of projects as the bank pivots towards innovation and customer experience.
- Collaborating and contributing insight to solution design ideation, ensuring both the success of the product and adherence to enterprise architecture principles.
- Infusing quality of service characteristics, such as scalability, manageability and maintainability, into distributed service-based framework to create or expand business or technical capabilities.
- Serving as a peer-leader, encouraging a culture of innovation and accountability while adhering to Agile best practices.
- Designing, modifying, developing and implementing software solutions. Building modern, architecturally sound components, tools and applications to meet mission-driven strategic business goals.
- Participating in an environment rapidly transforming to the Agile methodology, adhering to best practices and collaborating effectively with your team mates.
- Employing industry best practices to evaluate, correct and prevent vulnerabilities during the software development process.
- Demonstrated ability to lead and mentor software engineers
- Understanding of security concepts and tooling including but not limited to PKI, Cryptography, along with how those apply to web concepts (HTTP(S), SSL/TLS, certificates etc)
- Cloud certifications such as AWS Solutions Architect
- Linux and open source architecture experience.
- AWS/AZURE/GCP/Private/Hybrid cloud experience, including managing sensitive assets
- Strong communication (both oral and written) and interpersonal skills
Qualification & Experience:
- Experience with dependency injection frameworks (Spring, CDI, Docker, etc).
- Experience with building micro-services and deployment in containerized environment.
- 5+ years of experience in technical lead role.
- Experience with building applications and deployment in scalable environment using Docker and Kubernetes.
- Experience with CICD pipeline (CircleCI, Jenkins, or equivalent)
- 8+ years of hands-on software development, with proven experience in developing and supporting commercial software products which were sold to non-technical customers in vertical markets
Company: Citizens Financial Group
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Johnston, RI, US
Application Deadline: N/A