Website Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
CDC is actively recruiting for ideal candidate to serve as the Branch Chief of the Field Studies Branch, Respiratory Health Division, National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health (NIOSH). The Field Studies Branch conducts research and field investigations including NIOSH Health hazard Evaluations pertaining to work-related respiratory health.
- Recommend to management short- and long-term planning objectives which address the goals of the occupational respiratory health program, which seeks to prevent hazardous exposures and disease and optimize respiratory health.
- Manage public health programs to establish overall guidelines and policies, and to develop basic recommendations for studies and analyses.
- Work with high level officials to determine the program’s overall goals and objectives, manage and participate in research activities, determine staffing requirements, and resolve budget issues.
- Provide consultation on the design and interpretation of applied operational research studies.
- Oversee research on occupational respiratory disease and potentially causative hazards found in many facets of employment within the United States.
- Public Trust/Moderate Background Investigation (5) is required
- Bachelor’s or graduate/higher level degree: major study in an academic field related to the medical field, health sciences or allied sciences appropriate to the work of the position.
- This degree must be from an educational program from an accrediting body recognized by the U.S. Department of Education at the time the degree was obtained.
- US Citizenship is required.
Company: Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Morgantown, WV, US
Application Deadline: N/A