We are seeking a Release Train Engineer (RTE) that employs servant leadership to focus on agile implementation, facilitation, and program health for a medium to large sized value stream or release train. Guides, coaches, and mentors leaders and teams for Agile Release Train (ART), towards high performance. In-direct management and development of people and practices, enabling self-directed teams in support of vision. Will guide and manage the ART and teams through the delivery of software and services, embracing and promoting the agile mindset.
- Foster a team collaborative environment breaking down silos between groups and contributes to the Agile community
- Summarize team Program increments (PIs) Objectives into Program PI Objectives and publish them for visibility and transparency.
- Facilitate escalation for impediment removal for the Scrum Master and Scrum teams by fostering collaboration throughout the ART.
- Coach teams through the exploration and adoption of agile engineering practice (e.g., test automation, CI/CD, BDD, Agile Architecture)
- Collaborate with the communities of practice, develop, and conduct Agile-oriented training, and identify and deploy key metrics to enable continuous improvement across the collaborating teams
- Track and produce key metrics (e.g., burn-down charts, cumulative flow diagrams, program velocity)
- Identify and direct the implementation of process improvements that significantly improve quality of the product
- Facilitate PI Planning readiness by fostering a continuous exploration process which drives the vision, roadmap, and backlogs through Pre- and Post-PI planning meetings.
- Establish cadence, facilitate, and drive the agile ceremonies such as PI Planning, Product Owner Sync, Scrum of Scrums, Inspect and Adapt Workshop, Innovation and Sprint Planning events.
- Coach leaders, teams, and Scrum Masters in Safe-Agile practices and mindsets
- Establish and communicate the annual calendars for Iterations and Program Increments (PIs)
- PMP Certification and SAFe RTE Certification
- Waterfall Experience; proficient in SDLC and Agile methodologies
- Bachelor’s degree in technical field e.g. Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Systems etc
- Strong ability to present data in an impactful way to drive decisions with stakeholders and executives
- 8+ years IT relevant experience with software development projects/programs
- 1-2+ years as Release Tran Engineer (RTE) in scaled Agile environment (SAFe)
- Experience using MS Office tools , JIRA
- Identify roadblocks, evaluate needs, and drive solutions proactively and effectively
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Cary, NC, US
Application Deadline: N/A