Website Best Buy
The BBY Appliances Manager is responsible for managing the Appliances department within the standard operating platform to achieve maximum profitability. Maintaining a positive employee and customer experience, this role must demonstrate the company values and business image. Provide leadership to the Appliance staff to include setting clear expectations, giving direction, mentoring, and development of department sales personnel. Contribute to the delivery of optimal customer service by recruiting, training, scheduling and retaining customer focused full-time and part-time department personnel. This position is a part of the core Best Buy team and is responsible for building relationships with the core store team, as well as successful integration of the entire Appliance team within a Best Buy location. This role is responsible for both individual and team Appliance sales, margin, Accessories and Service Contract performance from time of sale through delivery and installation. This role requires extensive sales experience primarily in appliance sales and are considered Subject Matter Experts in the Appliances field.
- Customer Service – due to the length of the sale (initial interaction, sale, and delivery to install) follow up with customers, answer questions for customers, designers and contractors. Follow up on all scratch and dent issues.
- Supervise 5-10 employees in an Appliance store. Require partnership with senior management to hire, counsel and terminate employees. Recommends pay changes and promotional opportunities of employees to senior management.
- Provide daily guidance to employees, direct daily work of all staff within the store, facilitate employee training.
- Offer customers compensation for scratch or dent deliveries. Know to call vendors with specific technical questions to answer customer questions. Track orders.
- Will act as final call for customer concerns, identifies the appropriate remedy for a customer concern. Governs pricing decisions and customer interactions within the store.
- Apply understanding of design and building to the sale so the customer orders are correct to specification.
- Custom order cannot be returned.
- Associate Degree or higher in Computer Science, Business, Management or related fields
- Retail Experience
- Consumer Electronics, Appliances, Luxury Brand or other Premium Product experience
- Prior experience in selection, hiring, and performance management
- Must be able to apply basic measurement techniques and knowledge of built-in appliances.
Qualification & Experience:
- 1 year of experience as a Leader in Business, Military or other fields
- 2 years of experience driving profitability through sales or customer service
- Ability to analyze and manage a budget (labor, expenses, revenue)
Company: Best Buy
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Cleveland, Ohio, US
Application Deadline: N/A