At Belk we have a vision to reimagine the department store. As a Sales Associate, you will drive store sales and metrics through providing excellent customer service to each customer. Drive sales through the execution of customer facing merchandising standards throughout the store. Ensure new receipts are merchandised in a way that aligns with our brand, appeals to our customer, and encourages her to buy. Most importantly, you will work closely on a team that cares for our customers in an environment where we thrive by winning together. Positions available on our sales team consists of Sales Associates and Guest Experience* or Guest Services* Associate roles (*select stores).
- Meet or exceed personal sales per hour goals.
- Work professionally and pleasantly with co-workers, customers, and managers to accomplish defined tasks.
- Maintain floor and stock areas consistent with store standards.
- Follow procedures for all systems including counts, markdowns, maintain and inventory control.
- Comply with policies & procedures in the associate handbook.
- Increase units sold per transaction by recommending products to customers.
- Identify and reduce shrinkage in area.
- Accept additional duties or sharing responsibilities as requested by Sales Team Manager.
- Assist Operations teams with all non-sell duties as assigned by Sales Team Manager.
- Task demands vary in each department because of the different types of merchandise. Stocking requirements can involve reaching above & below shoulder level and lifting 25-50 pound boxes.
- Ability to use computer keyboard, touchscreen monitor, handheld devices, standard telephone and other related business equipment.
- Hand manipulation to remove sensor tags
- Ability to push / pull 100-500 pounds when moving stock carts
Qualification & Experience:
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to use and learn industry technology preferred.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Stuttgart, AR, US
Application Deadline: N/A