At Belk we have a vision to reimagine the department store. As a Visual Associate, you will drive store sales and metrics as you tell an impactful brand story through visual presentation. With creativity, an eye for detail, and finishing touches you’ll shape the customer experiences in new ways with each visit. Using important tools such as company standards, Blueprint directives, dressing of mannequins, forms, signing, and accent lighting you will take the store environment to the next level. Most importantly, you will work closely on a team that cares for our customers in an environment where we thrive by winning together.
- Implement visual merchandising presentation standards and guidelines at store level that are consistent with company standards and directives. Includes all seasonal strategy, bimonthly directives and division directives that include fixture usage, placement and standards, dressing of mannequins, forms, signing, accent lighting and all related activities.
- Order and install vendor lettering, graphics and plaques by demand center as needed or prescribed in the corporate vendor listing.
- Adjust and target all accent lighting that are complementing mannequins, table forms, strike zones, feature walls, end walls and fixturing along main aisles.
- Inspect/check all incoming receipts and transfers of visual merchandising items, fixtures, collateral and supplies.
- Perform daily visual maintenance of all areas. Work with Store Manager, ASM’s and sales associates to see that daily standards are executed and maintained.
- Assist Visual Manager in directing the communication, implementation and follow-up of visual issues (sales events, visual set-ups, shop installations, promotions, special events) with ASM’s and sales associates within the store to insure visual efforts are maintained and compliment the merchandising efforts.
- Plan, install and maintain visual setups, shop installations, promotional events and signing per BSS seasonal events, bimonthly directives and division directives to compliment architecture and department layout of the store.
- Install 22”x28” promotional event signing in sign holders at entrances to stores and other collateral based on Promotional Sales Event Signing Standards.
- Participate in daily/weekly walk through with Visual Manager and Store Manager to review any visual issues that need to be addressed.
- Maintain visual merchandising storage area and room to prevent any damage or destruction of existing visual collateral or tools.
- Choose merchandise and accessories to be presented on mannequins and bust forms throughout the store to compliment corporate fashion trends.
- Ability to work unsupervised
- Ability to stand for long periods of time
- Ability to climb ladders and work at heights
- Ability to lift and carrying props
- Ability to assemble displays and hang signage at elevated heights
- Ability to operate a computer
Qualification & Experience:
- High School Diploma
- Ability to adhere to all policy and procedure manuals
- Basic knowledge of tools and measuring devices
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Beaufort, SC
Application Deadline: N/A