Website Anglo American
You will provide specialist support to the Amandelbult complex at identifying business critical projects or improvements in systems and processes that drive and promote sustainable and value improvements and to assist in rolling out the Anglo American Operating Model at the complex.
- You will implement and sustain the Operating Model Feedback mandate at the mining or plant operation by facilitating initiatives / business case development and tracking Operating Model improvements through the application of analyse and improve tools.
- Provide process and Operating Model Feedback advise to line leaders to enable them to complete their approved improvement projects/ initiatives.
- Develop and implement communication and change strategy per initiative through facilitating OM communication at the operation and ensuring buy in and commitment on initiatives.
- Educate line leaders in key Business Improvement concepts, particularly with respect to analysis and improvement through structured training and informal coaching.
- Conduct analysis required to support the Senior Manager – Operating Model and respective line managers to make critical decisions about potential business benefits and trade-off for a range of initiatives supported by Operating Model and possible opportunities to drive stability and capability improvement.
- Ensure conformance to governance and project sign-off by identifying risks and effective management and tracking of projects and value delivery.
- Mine engagement and project communication as well as best practice sharing of ideas and business processes.
- Experience in the use of chart runner & risk software packages and Power BI.
- Minimum of 1-year Project Management experience.
- Diploma / Degree in any Engineering field (Mining, Metallurgical, Chemical, Mechanical, Electrical or Industrial Engineering) NQF Level 6.
- Experience and knowledge in operating model roll out.
- Experience in the use of tools e.g. lean manufacturing & constraints analysis or operating model (Analyze & Improve methodology).
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in the Mining, Process or Maintenance Engineering field within the Mining Industry.
- Underground Mining experience (Conventional or Mechanized).
- Minimum of 1-year Business Improvement experience or a related field.
- Lean or Six Sigma certification will be advantageous.
Company: Anglo American
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Thabazimbi
Application Deadline: N/A