Website Anglo American
The Section Engineering Manager is appointed in terms of the MHSA as 2.13.1 provide overall management and is accountable for the overall engineering and asset management across a clearly defined portion of the overall complex operation.
- Contribute to the development of the strategic operational plans and strategy with direct accountability for the execution of such strategies within the area of accountability.
- Develop, implement, and monitor engineering maintenance, risk and operational tactics and plans to deliver the business objectives and develops set and manage the engineering and maintenance budgets.
- Accountable and ensures the implementation of key strategic initiatives such as the operating model, asset management and SIB deployment, including implementation/development and or management of CMMS, setting out the service strategy for equipment.
- Ensure compliance with all legal, environmental, occupational health and safety and risk management standards and best practices and to all group, BU and other engineering and asset management standards and specifications within the area of accountability.
- Provide and oversee engineering services, infrastructure (roads, power, water) and equipment availability are adequate and maintained. Lead and manage resources (labour, spares, suppliers. Contractors etc) to deliver production targets and projects.
- Manages implements and contributes to continuous improvement and asset optimisation initiatives and projects for engineering processes.
- Asset integrity and critical spares inclusive of application for SIB capital to de-risk operation. Develop an adequate set of measures to monitor plant and equipment performance.
- Experience in underground mining is essential
- Minimum 5 years experience post GCC with two years at management level is essential
- Knowledge and experience in working Operating Model Principles and Asset Management Framework
- Trackless mining experience is advantageous
- Relevant Tertiary qualification
- GCC Mines and Works
Company: Anglo American
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Greater Tubatse-Fetakgomo
Application Deadline: N/A