Website Valero Energy
Valero’s employees are the heart of its success, and there is a reason why the company is an employer of choice in the fuels manufacturing and marketing industry. It’s not just the excellent benefits package, or the opportunities for personal growth, it’s also the caring and committed culture of the organization that makes everyone feel like they’re truly part of a team. For more information, visit Valero.com.
- Supports the Statistical Quality Control Initiative to improve analytical precision and accuracy of standard operating procedures.
- Communicates with fellow employees and industry contacts both orally and in writing, in a professional, legible and accurate manner.
- Applies critical thinking skills to interpret deviations from statistical trends and forms logical conclusions to formulate a resolution.
- Applies basic math skills (adding and subtracting, fractions, decimals, percentages).
- Comprehends standardized testing methodologies, such as ASTM, UOP, IP and EPA.
- Conducts finished product conformance testing measured against customer specifications to ensure that quality shipments are moved from the facility.
- Complies with all corporate safety policies and departmental policies and procedures.
- Conducts qualitative/quantitative testing of intermediary processed material in support of economic optimization.
- Performs other duties as assigned by supervision and/or Lead Lab Tech.
- Executes job instructions and step/action operating procedures as defined by Laboratory Supervision in a safety conscious manner.
- Works a 12 hour rotating schedule, 4 on 4 off work schedule.
- Demonstrates the ability to operate electronic-based applications such as data acquisition and information management systems.
- High school diploma or GED required.
- 3 years experience working in a similar capacity at a chemical processing, refining or chemical inspection/testing facility required.
- A minimum of 16 hours of college level Chemistry preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Biology, Chemistry or Physical Science preferred.
Company: Valero Energy
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Corpus Christi, TX, US
Application Deadline: N/A